Ever wondered why your hair falls and gets brittle? Your Scalp is the first point of contact with all toxins that enter the body. Hair follicles are in constant contact with scalp skin. Thereby, if we take care of scalp health, it will automatically take care of hair. Read on to find out how you can have healthy and strong hair. Below, we have mentioned the Top 10 hair care tips from Trichologists for Indian Scalp.
If you’re looking for tips on how to care for your hair, you’ve come to the right place. Find out the top 10 tips hair care tips from Trichologists for Indian Scalp.
1. Keep your Scalp clean.
This may seem like a no-brainer, but keeping your Scalp clean and free of buildup is essential. Use a mild shampoo and avoid using too much conditioner, which can weigh down your hair. And be sure to rinse thoroughly!
2. Don’t over-wash your hair.
Avoid washing your hair every day. Over-washing can strip your hair of its natural oils and lead to dryness and breakage. Aim to wash your hair a few times only per week if you have oily hair.
3. Be gentle with your hair.
Avoid harsh brushing and combing, which can damage your hair and cause split ends. When towel-drying your hair, use a soft, absorbent towel rather than rubbing vigorously.
4. Protect your hair from the sun.
Like your skin, the sun’s ultraviolet rays can damage your Scalp and hair. If you’re going to be out in the sun for an extended period, wear a hat. And use sunscreen on your arms and legs — remember that UV light can also reach your hair through glass and water!
5. Avoid over-dying or chemically treating your hair.
Many dyes and chemicals can damage your hair over time, particularly if they are not adequately rinsed from the hair shaft. If possible, avoid chemical treatments like perms and relaxers — although these methods can straighten hair (or curl it), they can also put stress on it, leading to dryness, breakage, and split ends.
6. Keep your hair clean. Drink plenty of water and wash your hair at least once a week, even if you don’t use shampoo. The natural oils produced in the Scalp give it a healthy sheen, but they can also attract dirt and pollutants when exposed to them. When your hair is full of oil, it will appear dull and lifeless — which may lead to dryness and breakage.
7. Use conditioner regularly. Conditioners help improve the texture of your hair by making it softer and more manageable. Look for ones that contain moisturizing ingredients like aloe, glycerin, or argan oil to keep hair healthy-looking and feeling.
8. Avoid over-styling your hair every day. When you brush or comb your hair too much, you can break the hair shaft and cause it to become brittle. Over-styling your hair also breaks down its natural oils, making it look limp and lifeless.
9. Deep condition every few weeks. Deep conditioning helps moisturize your hair by adding moisture to the cuticle layer of the hair follicle.
10. Don’t use a blow dryer on hot or high heat settings. Heat can damage your hair, causing it to become dull and limp — two things most women do not want! If you must blow-dry your hair, use cool air instead of hot.